SB LEGISLATIVE UPDATE
WHEN. October 23, 2019 from 1400-1530
WHERE. Wilmington Convention Center, Rooms 106/107, 515 Nutt Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
NOTE. To attend the Small Business Legislative and Regulatory Update, you must be registered to attend the Summit.
SMALL BUSINESS LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY UPDATE
This Pre-Summit activity will discuss new legislation and regulations concerning small businesses, their impact and how the US Small Business Administration will administer, implement and oversee these changes throughout the Department of Defense and civilian agencies. The SBA will cover small business contracting provisions enacted into law through the NDAA 2019 and subsequent legislation, including the Small Business Runway Extension Act. We will discuss upcoming and in-process SBA and FAR rules concerning the women-owned small business program, HUBZone program, size standards, limitations on subcontracting, the 8(a) program,subcontracting, and multiple-award contracts.
These discussions are meant to be informative and interactive, and will provide a clear understanding of how legislation and regulations will impact small businesses both in the set-aside programs and the socio-economic programs. This is not a “how to” session about certification in small business and socio-economic programs. Rather, it is a higher level discussion of the impact of new legislation and regulations on small businesses, and on large businesses with small business utilization requirements.
TECHNICAL, LEGAL AND CONTRACTING ISSUES DIALOGUE
Following the Small Business Legislative and Regulatory Update, this session will present and encourage open dialogue with the audience on technical, legal and other contracting issues germane to both small and other businesses in the federal market.
Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Federal source selection processes, including experience, past performance and acquisition strategies
- Changes to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) affecting infrastructure contractors
- CPAR ratings for subcontractors
- Developments regarding New Cybersecurity Standards and certification framework for defense contractors
- What's hot in the acquisition world and what are contractors complaints
- Process on tiered evaluation processes used by the VA and the impact of this process regarding protests